12 signs telling you that you’re a backpacker
You might think you’re not a backpacker. You know, that person that shares a dorm with 10 other people they’ve never met before? That person who can never remember what their actual home address is and can live on pasta and rice for a week if they have to.
But maybe you do have it in you and you just don’t know about it yet. Time to put it to the test. If you recognise at least 6 of the statements below, you may want to consider yourself as a true backpacker!
1. You can say hello and goodbye in at least 8 different languages
2. Love it or hate it, you know what Khao San road is
4. You don’t mind taking a cold shower as long as they have WIFI
Did you know that 40 procent of backpackers choose Europe for shorter trips?
5. You can sleep anywhere. At the airport, in the bus, on a plane and on a boat.
Backpackers sleep everywhere!
6. Your passport has never looked so colourful and you run out of pages.
7. You boycott the Lonely Planet. You create your own route by trusting the locals!
8. You wear a lucky travel bracelet (yes, also if you’re a man)
9. Finding a half empty shampoo bottle is like finding gold.
11. You spent most of your Christmases on a beach.
12. You start to wear those comfortable wide pants that you swore you would never wear. (guilty!)
So, are you true a backpacker at heart?
Want more travel tips? Check here!