Booking.com reveals top 10 destinations to catch Pokémon
It’s taken the world by storm and even though I’ve never played it, I meet a new Pokémon Go fanatic almost every week. I was on a press trip in Norway last week and while we waited for a ferry, one of the tourist board members jumped out of the bus because she saw a rare Pokémon. True story.
Travel giant Booking.com now connects travelers to a huge range of destinations and capitalizes on the popularity of the game as an option to add to the Destination Finder.
Travelers can now recommend other travelers to certain holiday destinations where you can play Pokemon Go. This allows players to exchange information with each other and fans can easily on a global adventure to catch Pokémon’s everywhere! Simply fill in Pokemon Go into Booking.com ‘s Destination Finder to see where you should go according to other Pokemon Go players. With a million locations in more than 224 countries , even beginners can be Pokémon Masters.
Based on reviews from travelers and Pokémon fans, Booking.com reveals the top ten destinations to catch them. Discover destinations, new Pokéstops and Pokégyms worldwide. (I had to look up the meaning of these words, seriously) I’m sure there are a few PG fans amongst my readers so here you have it, the top 10 spots to find your Pokémon.
1. Kristiansand, Norway – I was there recently and while I was having my lunch by the harbour, I could see my fellow travelers busy on their phones with huge smiles on their faces. Yes, it was a good spot, apparently.
2. Playa de Palma, Spain – Visit the beautiful beaches of Palma while catching.
3. Corpus Christi, Texas, USA – Travel alongside the coastal cities of Corpus Christi and catch your favorite creature in the water while you lounge on the beach or while you are fishing. Not bad ey? You can even combine it with visits to the many museums and other attractions.
4. Ocean City, Maryland, USA – Discover miles of white beaches while your busy playing on your phone. Or visit one of the theme parks, shops or many restaurants.
5. Birmingham, Great Britain– Visit the young Birmingham city center for creative street art , antique shops, great nightlife and the Bullring shopping center. Chances are your Pokémon’s are right here.
6. Santa Cruz, California, USA – Pay a visit to well known Pier 39 and Union Square, those little creatures are hidden around here!
7. Playa de Ingles, Spain – Take a rest and relax on the beach while you’re sipping on a cocktail and working on your tan. Just wait, and they will pass you.
8. Fuengirola, Spain – Visit this beautiful town on the Costa del Sol and relax on one of the beautiful beaches, go to the medieval castles or take a long walk on the beach.
9. Galveston, USA – This island city on the Gulf Coast of Texas, is known for its amusement parks, restaurants, the historic pier and also because of it’s Pokémon’s.
10. Blackpool, Great Britain – Take a trip to Blackpool, the ultimate British coastal town. They are around here somewhere..
Well there you have it. A wanderlust blogpost about Pokémon. I never thought that would happen! Ah well, as long as you get outside and don’t forget to look around you at some point. Let’s be honest, that’s the REAL reason we travel right?