JetKids BedBox by Stokke | Musthave for traveling parents
Traveling with kids can be challenging. The traveling parent knows that when you’re kid is happy, you are happy. Thank god for the JetKids Bed Box for airplane that I tested on my latest flight.
When I was 11 years old, my sister moved to Germany and she has been living there for over 25 years. I lived in London for over seven years, traveled the world since then, and my parents stay in Bali every winter. Because of our exploring nature, we are not always together during the holidays. And since I have become a mum, the need to see each other is getting bigger. This year is no different, I’m traveling to Asia during the holiday season, so it was time for a quick pre- Christmas visit to my sisters house in Germany, and I took my little boy and my mum along to surprise them and used the bed box for the airplane so he could sleep during the flight.
The JetKids by Stokke Collection is specially designed so that parents can travel smarter with their children.
Hassle Free Travel with the JetKids bed box for airplane
My sis lives near The Black Forest in the south of Germany, so it’s only a short flight to Basel. However, if you are traveling with a young child, any minute in the plane has to be accounted for. I bring books, drawing materials, toys and food, but kids are kids, and you should make them as comfortable as you can, to survive a hassle free travel experience. With the JetKids bed box for airplane this is even easier. If you are a parent, you must have heard of Stokke, famous for their innovating and award winning kids chair. Since of May 2018, they own 51% of JetKids. This new collaboration between the 2 Norwegian brands means that they can offer even better solutions in the ever growing market of family travel.
Stokke famous for their kids chair, owns 51% of JetKids since May 2018
Bed box for airplane: a Business Class Treatment for your child
And aren’t they lucky, these kids nowadays! You can turn their economy seat into a business class experience by transforming their chair into a bed box or seat extender in no time. I brought my JetKids bed box for airplane for the first time, and even though it was a short flight, I can totally see the advantages. This is how it works;
- Pack your JetKids bed box for the airplane with your child’s favourite items. Don’t forget to include the mattress that comes along with this version. (I was pleasantly surprised how much actually fit into the JetKids Bedbox!)
- When you arrive in the plane, store the JetKids Bedbox under the seat in front of you. Once the seatbelt signs are off, it’s easier to install!
- Click off the cover by pressing the sides, turn it around and attach again. You can adjust the height to your need.
- Use the long strap and attach it to your child’s seat (there is a bar under the seat where you can wrap the strap around. And attach it back to the JetKids.
- Slide out the extension towards the seat your child will be sitting on.
- Roll out the mattress onto the seat and attach the sides.
- Your little one is ready to chill in his airplane bed box!
The Jetkids BedBox comes in three new colours; Pink Lemonade, Green Aurora en Blue Sky. You can pimp your JetKids suitcase with the stickers that are included. Pretty cool!
Jetkids Bedbox or Ridebox?
Is there no need for a bed during your trip, or is the BedBox not (yet) allowed by the airline company or is your child just too big for the bed? Then choose the JetKids by Stokke RideBox. This new case offers the same features as the BedBox, except for the parts to make a bed. It is therefore possible to ride on the suitcase and it can easily be pulled by both child and parents by the adjustable strap. The BedBox and RideBox both have wheels, and are suitable to ride from the age of 3 up until 7 years old.
There remains just one question.. when will Stokke create a Bed box for airplane for adults? Sincerely, a jealous mum 😉
JetKids by Stokke is available ONLINE.