Recipe » Healthy Moroccan Couscous Salad
With Marrakech on our minds, we had to share this delicious recipe with you. The taste is amazing; full of different spices & herbs, fresh and.. healthy!
This inspired us to create our own version.
Boring salads are a thing of the past! Created your own healthy fresh vibrant Moroccan couscous salad packed with protein. Besides the fact that we really like couscous it’s also contains healthy essentials such as whole grains and fiber! You can make various couscous salads, but have a go at this version. Say hello to this tasty Moroccan style couscous salad, Let’s go!
Ingredients for 4 persons:
» 8 chicken thigh breast filet (Or add some extra roasted veggies)
» 1 diced union
» 1 bell pepper
» 1 avocado
» 1 lemon
» 1 lime
» 1/2 cucumber
» handful of peacon nuts
» 1/2 mango
» 50 a 60 gram per person couscous
» 1/2 tsp kerry powder
» 1/2 tsp tumeric powder
» fresh coriander (as much as you like)
» feta cheese
» olive oil
» handful of lamb’s lettuce
This is how you make it:
1. Add chicken stock on the stove until almost to a boiling point.
2. Put the couscous in a bowl and add the double amount off hot chicken stock, than cover with cling film. Leave for 10 minutes.
3. Add a pan on the stove with some sunflower oil. Sweat of the diced union and bell pepper cubes for a about 1 minute, then add the spices (turmeric powder & curry powder), leave on the stove for another minute.
4. After leaving the couscous for 10 minutes add the union, bell pepper and spices to your couscous and mix well.
5. Squeeze half a lime in the couscous and add the zest of the lemon, add olive oil and if it needs salt than add that as well.
6. Eventually, add a grill pan on the stove and grill your chicken until nicely crisp on the outside and tenderly cooked on the inside.
7. Add the rest of the vegetables, feta cheese, pecan nuts and the fresh coriander to the couscous and mix gently. Garnish with some lamb lettuce and cut the chicken into nice pieces and put these on as well.
You can leave the chicken breast out or instead you can add fish like raw mackerel or even grilled zucchini.