One of the countries on our bucket list is Morocco!
A Moroccan friend of mine loves to cook and makes the most delicious Moroccan recipes. One of her dishes I really like is her couscous salad.
The taste is amazing; full of different spices & herbs, fresh and.. healthy!
This inspired me to create my own version….
Boring salads are a thing of the past! I created my own healthy fresh vibrant Moroccan couscous salad packed with protein.Besides the fact that I really like couscous it’s also contains healthy essentials such as whole grains and fiber! You can make various couscous salads, but have a look at my version.
Say hello to this tasty Moroccan style couscous salad, Let’s go!
Ingredients for 4 persons:
» 8 chicken thigh breast filet (always go for the free range or better life chicken!)
» 1 diced union
» 1 bell pepper
» 1 avocado
» 1 lemon
» 1 lime
» 1/2 cucumber
» handful of peacon nuts
» 1/2 mango
» 50 a 60 gram per person couscous
» 1/2 tsp kerry powder
» 1/2 tsp tumeric powder
» fresh coriander (as much as you like)
» feta cheese
» olive oil
» handful of lamb’s lettuce
This is how you make it:
1. Put chicken stock on the stove until almost to a boiling point.
2. Put the couscous in a bowl and add the double amount off hot chicken stock, than cover with cling film. Leave for 10 minutes.
3. Put a pan on the stove with some sunflower oil. Sweat of the diced union and bell pepper cubes for a about 1 minute, then add the spices (turmeric powder & curry powder), leave on the stove for another minute.
4. After leaving the couscous for 10 minutes add the union, bell pepper and spices to your couscous and mix well.
5. Squeeze half a lime in the couscous and add the zest of the lemon, add olive oil and if it needs salt than add that as well.
6. Put a grill pan on the stove and grill your chicken until nicely crisp on the outside and tenderly cooked on the inside.
7. Add the rest of the vegetables, feta cheese, pecan nuts and the fresh coriander to the couscous and mix gently. Garnish with some lamb lettuce and cut the chicken into nice pieces and put these on as well.
You can leave the chicken breast out or instead you can add fish like raw mackerel or grilled zucchini.