I looove curries. Not just because they taste so damn good, but also because of the colors and the many ways you can prepare them. I have never been to India but their cooking style inspires me. They use a lot of herbs into one dish, sometimes more than 10 (!) and it can take up to 4 hours to prepare the perfect curry. But let’s face it, we live an active lifestyle and we do not always have the time. I decided to share this easy to cook Vegan Pumpkin Curry recipe with you so you can enjoy a little taste of India in just 30 minutes!
Ingredients for 4 people:
» 1 pumpkin
» 1 aubergine (I’ve added this in my recipe but you can also do without)
» 1 chopped red onion
» 1 chopped glove of garlic
» 400ml coconut milk
» 1 tin of chopped tomatoes in their juice
» 1 sachet of fairtrade curry paste
» 400g of chickpeas
» fresh coriander for garnish
Pretty simple actually!
1. Cut the pumpkin into small squares, remove the skin and wash.
2. Fry the onions and chopped garlic into some coconut oil until glazed.
3. Add the pumpkin and a dash of coconut milk and stir for about 5 minutes.
4. Add the rest of the coconut milk and the curry paste. Add the tin of tomatoes, bring to boil and let the whole bunch simmer for about 20 minutes.
5. After 20 minutes you add the chickpeas. Leave for another 5 minutes and turn off the stove.
6. Add a bit of salt, pepper and coriander if you like to.
7. Serve it with rice, couscous or quinoa (I know, that’s not Indian, but hey)
Voila! You’ve got yourself a vegan pumpkin curry! For the best flavor, you let it cool down, add the pan into the fridge and enjoy it the next day when all the flavors are even better.
This recipe will cost you around 6 to 8 euro’s and it’s sooo easy to make!