Valentine’s Day should or could be for everyone! We’ve selected 11 romantic things you can do on Valentines Day during the lockdown!
Some for singles, some for lovers, some for all! In previous years, we’ve always highlighted the best things to do on Valentine’s Day but this year is a little different, for obvious reasons.. These are our top things to do on Valentine’s Day in Amsterdam during the lockdown.
Enjoy luxury High Tea at home
For all the best high tea spots, you’re good in Amsterdam. Some of our favourite high tea locations now offer a high tea box to enjoy at home, perfect for Valentine’s Day! Check out these restaurants that offer a romantic high tea during the lockdown:
- Mama Kelly (known for their crazy drive thru) offers a pink High Tea Box
- Waldorf Astoria offers a special Dolce & Gabbana inspired high tea to enjoy in their tearoom
- TEDS (also delivers in more cities)
Get Married for 1 Day!
At Wed and Walk you can get married for one day, in the centre of Amsterdam! Ok, it’s just for fun but you get a dress, suit and a picture to prove it! Maybe this is a good try out with your love to hence the feeling before the real big deal.. Prices start from €75,- which includes a wedding picture and rings to remember the big day! Due to the lockdown, some different rules may apply. Right now the dates to wed are 13th, 19th & 20th of Feb and the 20th of March. www.wed-and-walk.com
Valentine’s Cocktail Walk
Hendrick’s Gin is once again scattering some extra love for Valentine’s Day this year. On the weekend of February 12th and 13th, a street team will be walking around in different cities to share some love in the form of compliments and cocktail vouchers. You can participate in a special Cocktail Walk in Amsterdam that leads past three different cocktail bars.
Boom Chicago Online Valentine’s Show
You need to be a little bit creative these days when it comes to romance and Amsterdam Theater Boom Chicago has the recipe! This Valentine’s Day they will bring an online show to your living room including dinner from Restaurant Golden Reael (Chef Caron)! Then the full Boom Chicago cast performs a special digital Valentine’s Show (live from our theater) inspired by your love, heartbreaks and missed connections! Afterwards, do you dare play our original naughty game (alone at home)? The full package is available for €49,50 and includes:
- The Boom Chicago comedy show
- A delicious dinner from Restaurant Golden Reael (Chef Caron) at home (picked up and candles not included)
- Video instructions from chef Alain Caron himself (Dinner requires some little preparation)
- The love-themed quiz with prizes
- Boom Chicago original naughty game (then you’re on your own)
You can order this very original Valentine’s gift here.
Order a Love Pizza
Pizza restaurant Toni Loco will turn their traditional pizzas into a heart shaped love pizza’s from the 11th to 14th of February. There are countless toppings and flavours to choose from, so you can be sure that your loved one’s favourite pizza is among them. Surprise him or her with the most romantic pizza they’ve ever seen! You can easily order the heart shaped pizza from Toni Loco via Uber Eats or eat it at Toni Loco.
Curious where to find the best pizza delivery in Amsterdam?
A Sustainable Valentine’s Day
Do you want to start 2021 a little more sustainable? Check out this Valentine’s Day Zustainabox! These gift boxes are a little bit different than others. And let’s be fair, a sustainable lifestyle is not difficult anymore nowadays. It’s just a different choice. Green choices that are better for your body, your wallet and the planet. Zustainabox inspires and help you on the way to a green (er) life! Experience how much fun an eco lifestyle is and order a selfcare box for example!
Binge Watch romantic movies (or not)
Hello Netflix, Disney channel or other streaming platforms. Find out which series and movies are available on Netflix this month! Watch classics like pretty woman, The Truman Show or Disney’s new animated movie Soul.
Book yourself a romantic Valentine Staycation
You know this option was going to come along and yes, it’s one of the most romantic things you can currently do in this lockdown. Hotels across the country offer amazing deals right now. This is our favourite Valentine Hotel deal of the moment;
- Zoku Amsterdam is offering 2 nights with an exclusive upgrade in the Zoku Loft XL. A private 3-course dinner, a bottle of bubbles, breakfast at their rooftop restaurant, and late-checkout till 2pm for just €219 per couple! (That’s a pretty good deal if you ask us). Book this deal with code VALENTINE between the 10th and 2oth of February!
Order a high class (Vegan) Chocolate & Cheese box!
Have you heard of Mr. & Mrs. Watson? They are one of the best vegan restaurants in the Dutch capital and famous for their vegan cheeses. Good news, because they also deliver outside of Amsterdam! In fact, this lovely choc & cheese box will be delivered in the entire Netherlands and Belgium!
Other amazing restaurants that are offering a Valentine’s Boxes are:
- Wijmpie Beukers (€37,50,- p.p) Plus with every box purchased, a meal will go to a homeless project. Winwin!
- Ciel Bleu (€125,- p.p) The Michelin star restaurant from Hotel Okura is one of a kind
- Restaurant Jansz (€45,- p.p) They call this the 4-courses Sjansz box (Dutch joke)
- De Kop van Oost is one of our favourites! They offer 3 courses for €39,50 p.p
- Marleen Kookt is more affordable ( €30,- p.p) and home cooked! They deliver in Amsterdam, Haarlem, Den Haag and Utrecht.
If you are a breakfast in bed type, this Valentine’s idea is perfect for you.
Take a walk in nature
Simple as that! It will boost your immune system and you can also do this alone. From what we’ve heard, it may be snowing during Valentine’s Day in Amsterdam so get your warm coat, boots and take a walk in the forests. Get out of the city and visit some of these beautiful Dutch nature parks.
However you are going to celebrate Valentine’s Day during this “lockdown”, we all need a little more love right now.
Be safe and be loved,